This morning, Kyla wasn’t herself. Yesterday she was frapping with me and the guests but this morning she appeared to be in pain. They took her temperature, it was 104.9F (40.5C)! Into the vet she went. The office opens at 7:30 and the doctors don’t appear until 8:30. Kyla and He were waiting in the Scottiemobile when the door was unlocked. She was left there and if I get any news, I’ll update this post so keep refreshing it in your browser if you want the latest.
Update It’s been 3½ hours since we left Kyla at the vet and there’s been no phone call (no news is good news). I decided to show my sympathy by dressing Kyla-style
Actually, I do have an ouchie on my foot.
Update The vet just called. Kyla‘s temperature reached 105.2F 40.7C at one point this morning. They tried one antibiotic but there was no improvement in an hour so they tried a different one. She’s improving and her temperature is down to 102.9F 39.4C right now and she’s perking up. They’re going to run the entire panel of tests and it appears we can pick her up in five hours. As long as she’s stable, she’ll be home with us (did I mention I missed her). What comes next depends on the test results.